The aim of the International Violin-making Competition meeting is to share the opportunity to confront the violin-making art, with the accent on personal meeting of violin-makers, performers, pedagogues and those who like violin.
Date: May 28th – 30th, 2020
I. – III. round: Kaštieľ Kubínyi Vyšný Kubín
Finals: Žilina – The House of Art Fatra
Organizer of competition:
Art AIR Center Dolnýn Kubín
Competition is open for all violin-makers who:
• will send filled in application form to competition till the date March 31th 2020
• will pay entrance fee € 100.00 for each instrument during the accreditation in Dolný Kubín, (entrance fee includes: free entrance for all related program and social meetings, promotional material), the number of instruments is limited to 2 pieces
• enrolled and meet criteria of the competition
Instruments will not be admitted to the competition if they:
• show features of mechanical working
• show extravagant decorations, colors or wood which depart from the traditional
Instruments can show imitating antique specimens.
Instruments will be evaluated by international Jury, consisted of renowned violin-makers, violin players and violin pedagogues. Organizers will public members of the Jury till April 10th, 2018 on www.violinoarvenzis.eu
Competition is anonymous – instruments can not be signed by any way (without original signed label – can be covered). Participant or authorized person will hand the instrument in casing, with the spare set of strings, on May 10th, 2018 to the Accreditation commission, which will assign him registration number, make photo documentation and will confirm the acceptance of instrument, or send the instrument to:
Art AIR Center s.r.o.
Hviezdoslavovo nám. 1681
026 01 Dolný Kubín
Instruments will be performed by violin master Prof. Jindřich Pazdera AMU Prague, piano accompaniment Matej Arendárik, State Chamber Orchestra Žilina.
Jury will evaluate instruments in 4 rounds:
• I. round (not public): The artistic – constructive quality mainly technical level of the handiwork, assembling, varnish quality, choice of wood (max. 25 points)
• II. round (public): The acoustic qualities in solo play (max. 25 points)
• III. round (public): The acoustic qualities in accompanied play (max. 25 points)
• Finals (public): The acoustic qualities in play with orchestra (max. 25 points)
Jury, according to number of points, will decide the order of competitors and will award:
The Gold Medal „Violino Arvenzis“, Certificate of winner and will buy instrument.
The Silver Medal „Violino Arvenzis“
The Bronze Medal „Violino Arvenzis“
The Prize for the best handiwork
The Prize for the best tone
The Prize for the best woman violin-maker
The Prize for the best violin-maker aged under 30 years.
The Prize for the best slovak violin-maker
Participants of finals will obtain Diploma.
Decides of Jury are final, the jury has right to not award some prizes, or award some other special prizes.